When it comes to reliable vehicles, nothing contests Kia reliability. This year Kia ranked first for all vehicles in J.D. Power’s 2022 dependability study, and first in non-luxury vehicles.
However, regular maintenance is still necessary to keep the car operating as efficiently as possible. Following these tips help you take proper care of your vehicle:
Most Important KIA Maintenance Tips
Keep Your Kia Clean
Grease and dirt build up is very harmful to your car. A thorough wash at the official Kia Service Center will keep dirt, grease, and dust off of your engine, and out of any gaps such as under the hood.
Keeping the hood clean helps your Kia last longer, and run better. Furthermore, a wash and wax every week or so protects the paintwork from scratches and from fading.
Check the Fluids – High quality lubricants from KIA
Using low-quality oils can result in costly engine repairs and increased fuel consumption so make sure you change oil only at the authorized Kia Service center.
The lubricants in your car keep every component cool and lubricated. It also prevents rusting, and keeps your Kia running smoother and longer. It’s also important to check your car’s oil, brake, coolant, and transmission fluids monthly.
You can drop in at our service center, and we will check all the fluids for you and change them when necessary.
Check The Tires
Your tires will last longer if you check the tire pressure from time to time. To prevent wear and tear, make sure they are inflated to the proper pressure. Replace the tires at least every 15000 kilometers. It simply takes a few minutes to check the tires on your car. Make a quick tire check part of your daily ritual. Every day, quickly inspect your tires for bubbles, cracks, and thread wear before you get in your car.
Dashboard Lights Should Not Be Ignored
The lights on the dashboard will help you keep your Kia in excellent condition. If you see the “Service Required” light is on, it’s a warning that your car needs to go for a service.
Let the skilled Kia technician diagnose and resolve any additional warning lights as soon as you notice them. Ignoring the warning lights could cause further damage and increase the cost of repairs significantly.
Inspect The Battery
Depending on the climate, driving style, and maintenance, a battery typically lasts three to five years. Inspect your battery regularly to avoid battery troubles and getting stuck on the road with a dead battery.
Check the terminals are free of corrosion and if you spot build-up, clean it off with baking soda, water, and a brush. When your battery is three years old, ask your Kia technician to perform regular battery checks to determine if you need a replacement.
For the best maintenance, take your Kia for services as prescribed in your Service Record Book. Your Kia needs a service every 15,000 km or at least once a year. This doesn’t only keep your car in good condition but also keeps you safer on the road.
Standard Suggested Kia Maintenance Schedule
The Kia lineup includes an exciting variety of cars and more, each of which requires different services at different intervals. The easiest approach to find your specific Kia suggested service schedule is to review your owner’s manual, however here are some general things to expect:
- 12000 Km – Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection
- 24,000 Km– Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement
- 36,500 Km– Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, brake pad and tire replacement, as necessary
- 48,000 Km–Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant replacement
- 60,500 Km– Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, brake pad and tire replacement, and drive belt replacement.
- 75,500 Km –Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement
- 84,500 Km–Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, brake pad and tire replacement, and drive belt replacement.
- 96,500 Miles – Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection, engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant, replacement of timing belt and spark plugs, as necessary
Each of these stages and the components are subject to change which depends on your driving habits and the weather which can affect the total wear and tear on your model.
Kia Maintenance Plan
A well-maintained car is a pleasure to drive. Not only that, regular Kia maintenance saves you a lot of money that could be lost on unexpected repairs. Thus, always stick to the recommended service schedule. Kia dealers will ensure that your Kia stays in great shape and on the road for years to come.
- The warranty coverage period is 36 months/100,000km, whichever comes first, from the date of delivery. It is limited to engine and transmission only.
- Batteries, Tires and Tubes are not covered under warranty by KIA. These items should be claimed to the respective manufacturers (OEM).
- For electrical components, warranty shall be covered only after the vehicle is scanned by genuine KDS.
- Any repair carried out other than Kia Authorized Service center will not be covered under warranty.
- Installing additional accessories and altering wiring will not be covered under warranty. In case of Warranty Repairs and claims vehicle owner has to take his/her vehicle to the authorized KIA service center along with KIA Owner’s Manual and Warranty and Maintenance Booklet.
Kia Service Centers in Nepal
|Birtamode||Auto Queen Pvt. Ltd||9816024152, 9817922816|
|Biratnagar||Kesharichand Bhanwarlal Pvt. Ltd||9802705643|
|Janakpur||Luxury Auto Pvt. Ltd||9801960473|
|Jawalakhel, Lalitpur||Continental Services Pvt. Ltd.||9801986495|
|Maharajgunj, Kathmandu||Continental Services Pvt. Ltd.||9851113816|
|Balaju, Kathmandu||Spare Part||01-4985362, 4984096, 4964906|
|Pokhara||Arise Auto Works||9862682435, 061590609|
|Dang||Joshi Auto VIlla Pvt. Ltd||9868238232|
|Nepalgunj||Auto Ranch Pvt. Ltd||9858059154|
|Dhangadi||Kisan Trading Concern||9811658180|